RECIPE FOR VEGAN LEMON BASIL MADELEINES
Madeleines are little baked biscuits from the north-eastern region of France. These legendary melt-in-your-mouth cookies are a gourmet journey with an infinite number of re-invention possibilities. Vegan Lemon Basil Chia Seed Madeleines is a recipe that exemplifies this.
Ingredients for Vegan Lemon Basil Madeleines
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil Infused with Basil
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup spelt flour
- 1/4 cup corn flour
- 1/2 cup your preferred plant-based milk
- 1/4 cup natural sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
Recipe for Vegan Lemon Basil Madeleines
- In a bowl, combine milk and sugar.
- Combine the lemon juice, lemon zest, and our Basil Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a whisk.
- Sieve the almond, spelt, and corn flours in a separate bowl.
- After that, include the baking powder and sugar.
- Combine gradually with the wet ingredients.
- Refrigerate the bowl while preparing the Madeline tray with our Basil Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Prepare a preheated oven to 180C and bake the madeleines for 12-15 minutes, or until golden around the edges.
Once chilled, garnish, and serve.